Community Education: Provide community education opportunities to educate the broader community about the diversity of the veteran community as well as increase awareness of challenges faced by LGBTQ Veterans.
Events will include:
- Documentary & Movie Premiers
- Public Q&A’s
- Portraits of Courage profiles of Program Clients
- Represent LGBTQ Veterans in the Community at other Veteran oriented events
- Partnering with Tucson Veteran Organizations
Benefits Education Clinics & Resource Fairs:
- Work towards increased awareness of veteran benefits.
- Collaborate with Community Resources and stakeholders to hold Benefits Education and Enrollment clinics for program clients.
Peer Support: Connect program clients to one another to help build lasting friendships and provide necessary support for enhanced quality of life.
Recreation: Provide recreational opportunities to engage veterans physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Group Physical Activities:
- Pick-Up Sports
- Fun Runs
- Coffee Gatherings
- Gaming Activities
- Support Groups
Pride Parade & Festival: Participate in the Tucson Pride Veterans Parade Contingent at the Annual Tucson Pride Parade.